Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Carol Devine Carson: The Forever War




Wow. A beautiful cover. I am stunned. So simple and so incredibly well done and conceptual. I wasn't sure what the orange bar was when I saw this, but I liked it because it was a great color combination and a Paul Rand-ish morif. But now I think it's supposed to appear as though the helicopter may be landing on the orange bar and then as your eye moves down and the orange ends, to realize that there is still a lot of free-fall space beneath - that the landing has not really happened, and that you are hanging in the air above the ground in the middle of a free-fall.

The book is a series of vignettes by a noted war correspondent about his last ten years in Iraq and Afghanistan and the people living there. It sounds freaking amazing! Check it:
http://www.amazon.com/Forever-War-Dexter-Filkins/dp/0307266397/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1221707714&sr=8-1

No comments: